Monday, October 30, 2006

JKF

Well, Gallaudet made Jane K. Fernandes resign. I guess the protests worked! I don't really get to have a say since I wasn't involved, but I do think it's important that the president of Gallaudet is Deaf, as well as deaf, so I hope they make a good decision for the next. Apparently, the Deaf community is partying hard...I kinda want to join in.
Some people are bashing the protesters, saying they were "stupid" and all that jazz...I don't think the protesters were stupid...I think they felt strongly enough about their school to try and campaign so that it can be as good as it can be. I often talk about things I'm not pleased with and wish I could do something about it...and then don't do anything. I think it's great that they held out and made a difference. Whether it was in fact for the best or not remains to be seen, but I do admire how strongly they fought for what they believe in.

No comments: