Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weight

"I want to gain weight."

Never, ever, EVER say that sentence to me unless you want me to glare at you. I have been struggling for the past two years to lose at least fifteen (preferably twenty) pounds. I have not been successful because I don't have willpower at all. But that's beside the point. Some beautifully thin person whose body I envy turns to me and says, "I want to gain weight"...does not compute. Brain malfunction. I simply don't understand.

You really don't want to gain weight. Maybe if you're way underweight and it's unhealthy, but if you're perfectly normal and you look amazing (and all of us with two chins are jealous of you), you really don't. I promise. And don't get me started on wanting a bigger chest, because I will smack you.

I'm really not a mean person and I don't mean to come off as one when I rant like that. But I PROMISE you, you will be happier being thin and flat. Just trust me on that one.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I've heard the very conversation you speak of.

I'm curious though... Isn't it just as bad, or possibly worse, when that thin girl says 'I really need to take off a few pounds'?

Not being a woman, I can't be sure, but the glares that statement generates are pretty potent.

Caroline said...

It's true that it's just as bad. But here's how we think:

Thin girl thinks she needs to lose weight, we tell her she's crazy and beautiful and delusional.

Thin girl thinks she needs to gain weight, we tell her she's crazy and beautiful and LUCKY AS HELL.

Basically, we don't get as annoyed with the thin girl who thinks she needs to be thinner because we see she has no confidence in herself. A thin person who knows she's thin, though, makes us green with envy.

Or maybe we're just green from all the celery we've been eating trying to be as thin as the person above.

Adam said...

:^D

Brilliant!