Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Am My Own Wife

I just saw Scott Wichman in "I Am My Own Wife".

And WOW.

That's all I can say, really, is WOW. I was so blown away. I mean, he's always good. He's always awesome, actually, he's a very talented guy. And I've always liked him, ever since "Wizard of Oz" when I was but a lowly Munchkin and he was tearing it up as the Cowardly Lion. But I was so utterly impressed with him in this show...everyone, seriously, go see it. It's at the Firehouse Theatre. $20, or $10 for students (bring your ID). Go to www.firehousetheatre.org (there's a link on here) and make reservations.

I'm definitely going back. The fact that one person can carry a show all by himself, changing characters so smoothly and completely that you barely see the transitions yet know they occured, is so inspiring to me as an acting student. I think that normally I would feel bad about myself after seeing something like that (you know, the whole "I'll never be that good, I should just stop now, blablabla" thing)...but tonight, I feel motivated. I wanted to go straight to acting class and prove that I CAN act, despite what may or may not have happened at cattle call.

I'll be back with a posse of theatre kids, cheering my heart out, very soon. If you're interested in going with me, let me know ASAP and I'll make a reservation.

No comments: