Wednesday, September 20, 2006

When Plays Fall Through...

Our Holocaust Museum project was rejected. I was e-mailed by the man we sent our material to and he basically said that our play wouldn't hold an audience's attention and really wasn't a play. I don't know if he understood what we were trying to do with the material, but what can you do? It's over. I took it personally because all but two of the scenes were things I had written (and put my heart and soul into). Jake took it pretty hard, too, so I hope he's okay. Interestingly, Kaytren was the most optimistic of all of us (if you know her, you know what I mean).

I think we might try to get it produced elsewhere, maybe even here at VCU. I'll keep y'all posted.

1 comment:

Dave T said...

Sorry about the project, Carrie. Don't lose heart -- there will be other opportunities.